YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, November 12, 2012

Review: Book depository.co.uk

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

The book depository is my holy grail for a lot of reasons. 

1. Prices:
If i went into a Dymocks or another book store here in Australia I would expect to pay anywhere from $20 - $30 for a simple paperback and even more for a hardback edition. At the book depository I can expect to pay under $15 for a standard paperback and under $20 for a hardback. Most of the time I hunt for the older editions of paperbacks that are under $10. 

2. Free Shipping:
You read that right. Free shipping with no minimum purchase amount required. One of the down sides to online shopping is usually you're bargain is not such a bargain after the added shipping cost, but thats where the book depository saves the day with their free shipping. 

3. Fast delivery:
So the only downside to free shipping is slow delivery, but once again this is where the book depository comes out on top. Delivery time is usually less than 2 weeks for us Australians which is amazing. 

4. Choice:
At the book depository you can chose, (if theres more than one edition out) what year of the book you want.  I love this because a lot of books have different covers for different editions and years so it's nice to be able to decide which one I want.  

5. Great customer service:
I've ordered too many books to even count from the book depository and they usually all come on time, except once. It was a while a go now and it was a solid month before I contacted the customer service team at the book depository explaining my book hadn't arrived. I still had the emails from Paypal and the confirmation order from the book depository so I attached them and waited. I got a reply less than 2 days later apologising for the inconvenience and was told another copy was on its way. My new copy arrived a week later and I was so happy with how it was all handled. 

Overall if you're looking for a reliable, cheap, easy to use site to buy books online then the book depository is the one for you.

-Tyla
x

*All opinions are 100% my own. I am not affiliated with any of the companies mentioned above. 


No comments:

Post a Comment